Start From Scratch
If you are a small business owner and are utilizing Apple laptops and systems for you team, you may find yourself in a position to completely clear a computer for a new employee.
Follow our step by step instructions on your White Paper HERE or below:
1. Restart Computer & Hold ‘Command & R’
Make sure to do this before the computer chimes the restart sound. This will access “recovery mode”
2. In macOS Utilities Select “Disk Utility”
- In Disk Utility Find the Hard Drive (Should be the first thing listed on the panel on the left side of the screen)
- Select the second option listed (this has all of the files that are currently on the hard drive)
- Find “Erase” on the top bar and click
- Rename Hard Drive the same name as it was prior
- Leave all other fields as is
- Click “Apply” This will erase all files on the computer.
3. Restart Computer & Hold ‘Command & R’ Again
This will bring up the MacOS Utilities Again
4. Reinstall MacOS
- In macOS Utilities Select Reinstall macOS
- Choose the hard drive you would like to install the OS on (should be the one you just named) and press next.
- Follow on-screen prompts
- Will take roughly 30 - 40 minutes
Wiping a computer this way will remove ALL files and programs from the system including Microsoft office, adobe programs, and mac office programs.